Mutton liver curry! When I hear about this particular dish, the delicious exotic Aroma of the the masala fulfill my taste buds and I start to feel hungry.. I think it’s the same for everyone of us. Given the times that we are going to now, it has become quiet factor for us to order of food from outside. Not to worry, I’ll be sharing extremely easy e recipe e of mutton liver curry to be cooked in home within no time. This is a traditional dish and is full of flavours.
Let’s know about the ingredients that we will be needing for the preparation, it will take about half an hour to be served in your plates (Serves two people).
- Mutton liver (cut into pieces)- 250 grams
- Green chilli (slit from the middle)- 4 pieces
- Onion (chopped nicely)- 1 medium
- Garlic (chopped nicely)- 6 to 8 cloves
- Ginger about half an inch chopped nicely
- Vegetable oil -2 tablespoon
- Bay leaf- 2 pieces
- Ghee half tablespoon
- Garam masala half tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric half tablespoon
- Red chilli powder 1 tablespoon
- Cumin powder half tablespoon
- Potatoes (cut in to squares)-2 medium sized*
- Water- 1 cup for cooking
Now , after you have assembled all the things that we will be needing for cooking; let’s get started with it-
- Heat a pan and for the oil in it.
- Add the green chillies, bay leaves, chopped onion, ginger, garlic ; mutton liver and potatoes and let it fry for some time.
- After sometime add salt , turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder to it and and mix well.
- After about five to six minutes when the oil start leaving the masala and a little bit of water and again mix it and let it cook with the lid on.
- After five minutes check if the potatoes and the liver is cooked well, if not let it be for some more time add some more water if needed.
- Now your curry is almost ready, reduce the water as needed and add ghee and garam masala to it.
- Let it be in the pan for two to three minutes more so that all the masala get into each other and combine with the ghee and the garam masala.
- Garnish it with some fresh coriander leaves and onion rings.
Serve the curry with hot chapatis and enjoy. Do not forget let me know whether you liked it or not. And if you are facing difficulty in buying fresh mutton liver, you can order it from http://blogrator.com/shop/vegetable-market/fish-meat-market/khasir-mete/ available only at Malda.