Panel or control panel hosting is something like the control panel in windows. From a panel, we can control or maintain our website related works. Like from a panel we can create subdomains and use it separately. For example, in.blogrator.com is a subdomain for blogrator.com.
Some interesting things that we can do from a panel:
- We can internally maintain our website files folders (like create, update, delete…).
- We can install many free applications (like WordPress for blogging site).
- We can work with main and subdomains separately.
- We have access to our database.
- We can keep our eye on our monthly/weekly/daily traffic using web log analysis software.
- We can see the total file size that we are using.
- We can configure our email accounts from here.
- We can maintain FTP users’ account.
- We can pay for site backup facility and use it internally for the particular folder (main/subdomain) if any damage takes place.
Some popular panels:
Some popular panel hosting providers: